The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Timing Belt Change Help = Good Times at D's House

Galactica

So I'm back from hunting and all my parts have arrived for the Mitsu so I am hoping to get this timing belt changed and the car back on the road in short order. Therefore I am formally requesting help from any local people here who have time to lend a hand to a fellow car nut and Mitsubishi Noob. I have a nice garage with a good amount of tools that's well lit and I will be providing whatever anyone desires to eat and drink who comes. You want steaks, you got it. You want this beer or that beer, no problemo. I am really hoping for some expert help here everyone. Please let me know ASAP. I'll start on it as early as this Saturday if I can get the help, or any weekend day after. Thanks everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Barnes

I'd love to help, but this would be really out of my way. Although I could use a break from my house, and I could use this as an excuse to visit my folks. If you get no responses I'm sure I can make something happen.

Galactica

Awesome man! Most definitely appreciated! Here's to hoping for more people! The more people, the better the party! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OZRally

If you were around me I would give some help. Good luck and hope people around you give a hand.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

^^^^agreed, if you were in the vicinity of Des Moines/Davenport/Chicago you would have 10 to 15 guys arriving with just the promise of free BBQ and drinks. And then have it done in about 4 hours ( and 4 other cars minor work also being done) and then a fun night of tearing up the local streets.

Barnes

Only catch for me is you'd have to call me 'Chief' and I'd call you 'nugget'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Galactica

You guys are great. Wish I was in that part of the country. Would love to meet you all.

Galactica

Quoting Barnes:
Only catch for me is you'd have to call me 'Chief' and I'd call you 'nugget'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Lol, Nice! I think I can oblige. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

turbowop

If Beaverton wasn't three hours away I'd be down. The states over here are a bit bigger than the Midwest or East coast. Just sayin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Terry Posten

I am in the middle of Chicago and Des Moines. They are both 3 hours drives for me and I have been to both countless times helping others.

Hell, Shawn drives 6+ to help in Des Moines from Appleton.

4thStroke

I'm close, but by the time I make my way toward your house, it'll be months still. I'm already backed up by an ATV i need to get running and another VR4 that needs attention. I have very little time left after school, work, and prior commitments.

Good luck!

Barnes

I have plenty of sh*t I need to do, I just want to keep putting it off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barnes

yes!! Just with fewer distracting bewbies and drinks.

turbowop

Quoting Terry Posten:
I am in the middle of Chicago and Des Moines. They are both 3 hours drives for me and I have been to both countless times helping others.

Hell, Shawn drives 6+ to help in Des Moines from Appleton.

I guess I should add that I'm mad busy at work and don't really have time to make a trip like this to help somebody I don't know. I was home a total of nine days during September. I'll try to help noob Mitsu guys next month, okay? My bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts