The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The build of 1078. Yes it's auto swapped, no I'm not sorry.

Boost4U

Picked up this car from Ren a few months ago. It is a pretty clean rust free car and mostly all there minus the obvious motor/trans/ and all that. The quick of it is, I swapped out the entire suspension, subframes, rear end, engine, trans, fuel system, intercooler and radiator out of my Laser. I is an Auto now and from what I understand one of very few said auto swapped VR4s. I had to drill out the factor welds on the lower radiator mounts and slide them about an inch and a half to the drivers side so the intercooler could pass through the core support. I have also relocated the alternator to the back so I had more room for intercooler pipping. It's going to be powered by a ball bearing GT3088, 1200cc injectors, managed with AEM EMS, and probably running on E85. It should be a lot of fun to drive when I'm done. It's getting really close. I have to decide what wheels I want to run, I have a few options one of which is a set of 16 inch rota slips in gunmetal. I have to make a list of what's left to do and start chipping away. Now on to what you all came here for, I'll let the pictures tell the story better than I ever could.
Here it is the day I got it.
f1500e56.jpg

a50e550b.jpg

c2e06de8.jpg

e206eab5.jpg

36716711.jpg

248d411e.jpg

b9330df4.jpg

b5439a35.jpg

2b97215f.jpg

19a65afb.jpg

202caecf.jpg

912085b9.jpg

c32911e3.jpg

537f7ea3.jpg

e446fbe1.jpg

9cdf7f3b.jpg

145e47a5.jpg

4f9f5120.jpg

54e34726.jpg

4d45d791.jpg

fuse box
275dacff.jpg

db8a01cd.jpg

07ef6fa0.jpg

40cb085c.jpg

ac051d15.jpg

edc4168e.jpg

5fed0338.jpg

56ae9c47.jpg

7af3b693.jpg

fog light hole covers
57011a19.jpg

f9883d18.jpg

bbd49e63.jpg

Pure sex right here ladies and gentlemen...
b61ae97f.jpg

almost forgot
116d4a39.jpg

now let the bashing begin!!!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

She's gonna be pretty consistent at the track, lookin good

Boost4U

Hahaha no Edward, I think he was offended by the sticker that said www.hondassuck.com on the back. Lol And I always make fun of his Lamborghini doors.

Boost4U

I would sell my child for a hta 68, it would be the icing on the sleeper cake that is my VR4... Auto grandma car with "stock" turbo. Honda boys wont know what hit them. Then I need to get a meth kit too. well maybe not on e85
monster truck indeed
2e36845e.jpg

Last edited:

Boost4U

93 is much more attainable but those 68s love the e85. That would be great. After I get done with this 6 bolt swat for this guy I'll start on your car trying to figure out where your short is and throw that green on it. you should get a car cover for it before you leave. it will keep that stupid tree from dropping those crappy little pink flowers on it.

Boost4U

Why thank you sir. Cherrod there is a e85 pumP at Norfolk naval base. It's only 17 miles and I'll be working out that way anyways soon.

IncorpoRatedX

no reason to apologize, auto swaps are great. If i ever set up another galant for drag, it will be auto.

currently setting up a full auto laser for the hell of it with my best friend.

4thStroke

With a 30 series turbo and E85, 1200cc injectors may not be enough, depending on whether or not you want to push the turbo.

Looks like a great build!

Boost4U

I have my concerns about the injectors, for now if need be I can run higher fuel pressure until I get some bigger injectors but I want to be sure that's what I really want to do first. I should add that I will be running a dual 255 setup as well just have to finish building it. Ultimately like Cherrod said my plan is to get a hta68 and with that turbo I should have plenty of injector with the 1200s. Once the car is all together I'm going to get it tuned with a pretty tame tune so I can save it from my destructive ways and maybe keep it together for a while. In that time I will start building a motor. As far as what motor I'm kind of on the fence about staying 2.0 or going stroker. I would love to have a torquey motor so lately I have kind of been thinking more along those lines. Probably get some different cams too. I have a set of comp cams now. I like the fp cams but still need to do some more research and figure all this out. When all is said and done, should be a good car to take my daughter to school in and get some groceries. To the auto laser guy, all this car out of my auto laser... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Quoting FavNumber:
Yes, Paul.

Lol, thought that area looked familiar. Say "hi" to Ren for me, it was way too short of a visit last time. Met him in some sort of disused parking lot and he told me to leave my car and get into his (it was like a shady drugs deal!). I hadn't been in the States long so I got in the 'passenger' side which of course is your driving seat and the next thing I know he tells me to get on the slip road to the highway and give the Evo 3 16G a workout. Gave me a bed for the night, breakfast, some t-shirts (which I paid for!) and I left about 5am the next morning as he was on his way to work and headed over to Tennessee if I recall correctly.

Paul

Looks good. I'm not a huge auto fan myself but it should be pretty consistent at the track. At any rate you do good work.

Boost4U

Well thank you. It has certainly been a testing and learning ordeal.

Boost4U

Well the rear end has to come back out, I have a very big clean puddle of differential fluid where ever I put the car. my luck sucks.

Boost4U

It's rainy out today so I figured I would fab up my gauge pod and radio.
a2f2c0f6.jpg

b162c1e0.jpg

What do you think?

IncorpoRatedX

needs a little more cardboard... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Boost4U

Cardboard is just to get the shape, fiberglass will replace it.

Terry Posten

Curtis makes one exactly that orientation.

I had one, still may but I went with a 5 gauge setup and a hidden amp and an iPod cable.

Check my members ride post (link is in my sig at bottom) if you want to see it. It is in the older interior shots, I just flipped mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts