The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hood struts for GVR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdole

Hello Guys,

The shop that is building my car have been working on making hood struts for the galant. We have the prototype made and working on my car. I have had these on a couple of my past cars and I really liked having them. They are easy to install and look factory. I wanted to share with you guys if this is something you might be interested in. Here are a couple images to show on my car.

We don't have a price set in stone yet. It should be aorund $70.00 to $80.00 shipped. If this is something you are interested in let me know and I can let the shop know. I have a video of them on the car also. We will also donate some of each sale to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles

pot

Staff member
Bob, maybe I'm missing something here and I do realize that this is a prototype, but it appears as though the strut will impede the fender once its mounted?

I would think you'd shift the strut inward so that it rests on the apron.

Brunoboy

id be interested.

boostedinaz

Depending on fit, finish, and price I'd be interested.

bobdole

We have test fit with the fenders and it clears. The strut in the picture's are not the struts that will come with the kit. This is a prototype. Ths strut will be smaller in thickness. The finish of the kit will be all black to keep a stock look.

Charles

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Dido.

I will take a set.

GSX_TC

Quoting boostedinaz:
Depending on fit, finish, and price I'd be interested.

Same as above, i would be interested after seeing how it clears with the hood closed first.

bobdole

Hood is closed in the third picture. It clears everything even with the larger diameter strut. The one that will be forsale will have a smaller diameter strut.

I should have the pricing set up in the next day or so. The more interest the cheaper guys. ETA on them would be around 3-5 weeks.

Charles

Last edited:

Terry Posten

I can test fit onto the Outlander and Outlander Sports when I get my set. If it fits, I will order more.

bobdole

Ok great guys. Question. I want to get these done asap. So I am trying to come up with a number amount to get. What do you guys think?

prove_it

I'm down for a set. Question: Will we need to remove the fenders to install these then? Also are the struts good quality and not cheap that will lose pressure and make our hoods a bigger PITA?

NickDromez

^ +1. i want these if its an easy install and works and fits properly. i currently using a baseball bat as a hood prop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mikus

I'd run at least 20 units if it were me, and also would publish info on (or even offer depending on how merchant you want to go) the replacement strut as everyone will ask. 15-20 seems like it'd move quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned