The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Revving in speed (was the abs)

When i drive faster then around 15 and push my clutch in, the engine revs to around 3000rpm. This happed even if the car is in neutral.. But when i drive realy slow or stopps it goes down to 800rpm right away.

What could cause this ? I have tried to clean the trottlebody and the ISC.

Maybe i could block the isc?

It is a jdm gvr4 rs.

Last edited by a moderator:

I found out what the problem was. It was because i had a fault code in the ABS system because it had not been properly removed. So i took out the ABS computer and then everything was normal!

Nartanian

Thanks for updating.

GSX_TC

You think that would happen in a usdm galant VR4?

Struc

Yes, it does. Same thing happens if you pull the large ABS fuse in the engine bay (On the 4-fuse block attached to the battery post). Found out when it happened to me (ABS hasn't worked since I bought the car - figured I'd pull the fuse).

Keydiver made a post about it years ago that came up on a search that solved the mystery for me.

OMFGeofffff

Do you know what size fuse it is? Mine's been gone since winter and I have the "surge while moving" dilemma.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts