The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fan wiring anyone convert the 4 wire to 6?

Brunoboy

I took a dsm fan harness from the junkyard , anyone know how to make it work?

OMFGeofffff

This should give you a start. click

Are you using a slim fan or stock? The third to last post is what you will be looking for. You might have to cut the stock connectors off.

Brunoboy

I might buy a slim, I took the harness off a 90 turbo dsm because my fan and harness was stolen off the galant.

OMFGeofffff

Without the fan side harness off a galant it's going to be hard not to hack up the factory engine side harness. If you don't care use this picture as a reference when you wire it all up. I'll double check my wiring to make sure you have to be looking at the diagram from the plug side or the wiring side.
1111s46.jpg

Otherwise I would see if there's anyone parting out galants that could get you the factory fan side harness.

Brunoboy

which connector is this ^? is it the cars harness or the dsm fan side ?

Brunoboy

so basically im splicing the car sides harness into the dsm side harness to each plug.....correct? and if i do,do i need the relay? btw is that looking at the plug or the wire side of the connector?

OMFGeofffff

If you're down to splice into then yeah. If you're using a slim fan it would probably be a good idea to use a relay but I have mine set up without and I haven't noticed anything abnormal. You're not even going to the dsm harness. Jump the fan resistor wires and then run the two fan switch wires to the sensor in the radiator then the power and ground. If you're going to use those quik splices or whatever then I would recommend using a relay. That would save you having to actually cut off the stock gvr4 fan connector.

I was in a hurry earlier I forgot to double check which side the picture is looking at. I am pretty sure it's looking at the side without wires.

Brunoboy

i took the car side harness from the dsm as well, doesnt that mean I can just splice the connector to the right wires to make it a plug and play???

Brunoboy

also if i want to connect the fan without the resister, i just tap 1 and 6 together???

donkeylips

Should be real easy to find a Galant in the yard and get the fan side connector, it'd be cleaner. At least we have a few in the yards around here.

Brunoboy

All galants are the same?

Brunoboy

Bump for answer ...

Brunoboy

Still looking at the diagram, confused on if I'm looking at the pin side or the wire side. I'd like to knowfor sure before I start splicing the new harness in. Thanks
-Shane

Brunoboy

Bump, I need confirmation before I hack my wiring...

dsm10o0

Dude, just come pick mines up. I wont be needing it since i wired up my fan to a manual switch since my car overheats all the time.

Brunoboy

sick! thanks Nico, ill be over, hey do you have an good condition shifter cables?

dsm10o0

Nah not anymore. i gave them to Oscar when he snapped his. Hit him up. he might still have the other one. not sure which one he has tho.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts