The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what injector size is good for 20g

im going to be running a 20g turbo and i want to max out the potential and im unsure what size fuel injectors i should go with. this is my DD and for now i using a keydiver chip..

NinjaVR4

880s should be enough for what you want..

NinjaVR4

that should work.. i mean that would give you more wiggle room as far as other upgrades, you already have the 1000cc?

yes i have the 1000's. i just thought injectors that size needed stand alone ecu.

NinjaVR4

If you have dsmlink, you dont necessarily need a standalone. Basically it'll be a matter of you dialing in the global and deadtime the right way, and making fine adjustments. DSMlink is definitely the most helpful thing I've purchased for tuning/understanding my car.

Last edited:

yeah ill b.o.l.o. for one. i just missed a good deal on the last one i saw posted here.

turbowop

Quoting VR-4 Whore:
yes i have the 1000's. i just thought injectors that size needed stand alone ecu.

I run 950's with just a DSMchip setup for them. No problems.

boostedinaz

I had 750s with my 20G and they were enough. If I would have kept the car and gone with E85 I would have stepped up to at least 1000s. If ou have them already and have a good way of tuning I say run them.

being the mad man that i am i will crank the boost as high as she will go. fuel will be 92oct pump while in dd mode. track day will be race gas and hopefully alchy injection when i find a kit on the board.

running out of room? at full boost how much air do a 20g push? i just found out mine is a sleeper 20g btw.. im going to use my 1000cc injectors 1. because i already have them 2. it seems like i will need them to go full boost w/o starving for fuel.

DynastyLCD

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
I used 680 Denso's on my Buschur 20g at 21 psi on 91 pump gas. Very little room left

i had a set of PTE 680s with my VPC/GCC & 3-bar MAP combo... 3052 at 27 psi running 10.8 - 11.0 AFRs no prob. at only 42 psi base pressure.

if youre using DSMlink, no reason not to use 1000s. tune out the difference, and room to grow if you decide you want a larger turbo.

NateCrisman

Gasoline: 850's will be plenty
E85: 1150 or 1350
Methanol: 1650 or 2000

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts