The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RPM ISSUE

Vman911

I have been having this issue with my car for 8 months now. I can't seem to figure it out. I know its something stupid. It did it on my last motor and I rebuilt a pimp motor this time and I got 300 miles on it and still same problem.

I can be cruzing along say in 4th (any gaer) Push in the clutch and the RPMs drop to 3K and stay. The only way they drop down to 1K is if my car is at a complete stop or doing less then 5 mph. I have a new ISC motor (updated one). If I'm in gear say 5th and rpms are at 3K it will stat there with my foot off the gas like cruize control. Any Ideas on what might be causing my RPM's to stay at 3K? Thanks Vinman

Rausch

What does the TPS read?

Vman911

ABS fuse is out already. TPS i don't know what it reads. When I get 500 miles on motor DSM link is going back in. Right now it has a DSM chip in it.
Cable is in good shape. Not to tight, barley any slack.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned