The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP RED or FP GREEN?????

nickbuilt

Just want a couple of opinions on what people really prefer i am looking for about 400 whp. But maybe would like some space if i ever want to go a lil bit higher wouldnt want more than 500whp! Remember this is my daily driver what would you guys go with a fp red or an fp green? I think I am leaning towards a green but also have a deal on a red just want a couple of opinions!

-nick

DynastyLCD

screw both... get a 3052, or 3076 HTA.

3052 + stock 6 bolt = 26 psi at 3800

netted 396 whp on the weak evo8 timing map and 93 octane with 10.7 afrs.

Is it going on a 2L? Will you be on 93oct or E85? Off topic but did you guys see what curt brown made on a BR2.3l and the hta green?

CutlassJim

If I were to ever venture out of 16G land it would be to a 3052. Especially on a DD type vehicle.

nickbuilt

Quoting steverussell:
Is it going on a 2L? Will you be on 93oct or E85? Off topic but did you guys see what curt brown made on a BR2.3l and the hta green?

2liter 95 piston bottom end, all arp hardware with hks 264/272 combo in the head . I think imma go with a Fp green and Fp manifold & punishment racing wastegate mounted o2 housing!

-nick

Barnes

And how exactly did it work for you? So far you haven't posted any time justifying the size of your turbo. Perhaps someday, but not yet, so I have no idea how the turbo 'worked for you'.

boostedinaz

Quoting uncleben4rice:
F the red and the green get a real turbo. 3065 or better. worked for me..

Worked how......

Any numbers or times? This is kinda like a math class you have to show your work not just talk about it.

TylerAdamson

Quoting cherrod8:
Is there a way to get your td06h 20g converted to a fp green but keep using the td06h housing instead of the fp housing? i emailed fp like 666 times about this...still no response.

What housing are you referring to? Last I knew the Fp Green and Red always came in a tdo6 housing. It should also be noted that they don't offer the Red anymore.

turbowop

Quoting uncleben4rice:
F the red and the green get a real turbo. 3065 or better. worked for me..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I ran quicker times on my FPgreen than you have on your GT35r. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Six years ago...

TylerAdamson

The "FP" turbos that you're thinking about are the Fp3065/3052/etc. The green uses a td06 housing.

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

That's the compressor cover. Apparently they are having their own cast as opposed to machining the td06 to accept the larger garrett wheel.

Sorry for the confusion I was assuming you were referring to the turbine housing.

Last edited:

turbowop

You're confusing the compressor housing for the exhaust housing. The FPgreen uses the TD06H wheel with a Mitsu turbine housing. Always has and still does. While the look of the compressor housing has changed a little bit throughout the years, as far as I know, the compressor housing has stayed relatively the same...at least for the 50trim compressor wheel. Now it appears they are using HTA wheels and housing that are machined to accept the new wheels.

And for those of you saying to get the FP3052 instead, let the guy make his own choice, eh? The FP3052 is roughly $165 more, and then requires a whole different O2 housing and external gate, ramping that cost up even more. There's nothing wrong with the FPgreen. It's an awesome turbo and will meet his goals without issue. I picked up a FP3052 for super cheap, which was the only reason I swapped from the FPgreen. I loved my green. Very capable and a blast on the street. I went high 11's @ 119mph in a full weight car, with a 2gMaf, stock intake manifold, stock engine, stock cams, horrible driving, grinding second, etc, etc.

Last edited:

turbowop

If I recall, there is a lot more to it than just wheels/housings. I think the thrust bearing is modified amongst other little tricks to help the thing stand up to abuse. Perhaps you should just try calling them?

4thStroke

There's still a good chance nobody will even answer the phone. Their customer service is really spotty. I called to place an order and had no issue getting a hold of them, but had a hell of a time getting them to answer to see how my order was looking. They've also neglected my emails. However, their work is amazing. Everything went together as it should have and none of the parts have failed.

turbowop

Hmph. I guess I've been lucky in the past then, as every call I've ever placed has been answered, though that's less than ten calls or so. That, and I could always ask Amber on FB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TylerAdamson

I'm with Wop on this one. I've called them probably 50 times over the past 5 or so years and I've always gotten through or had someone get back to me ASAP. Some of it might be due to the indepth nature of some conversations. Give them a call and leave a message. Someone will get back to you within as soon as they possibly can.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts