The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HKS BOV

Anyone had any issues with these leaking? Right now I don't have a fix for it, so I kind of have to deal with it. Hooked up my boost leak tester, put about 10psi in and it seems like the air is coming from the flange for the BOV, and a decent amount at that. I have a stock 1g BOV, but no flange, so right now I'm kind of just stuck with the HKS.

Second random question. Today while driving my car would studder almost anything over 3k. Later on I found out one of the spark plug boots had come off? Anyone ever had this issue? I haven't touched them in like 2 weeks and 100% I made sure they were all secure. Only other thing I could think is they're just garbage wires and it slipped off somehow

curtis

Remove the snap ring and go by advance auto or autozone and get a new o-ring. The factory ones are orange but could have been its been swapped out for a black o ring and it is broken down from heat and or may not be thick enough to seal. The factory orange ones will flatten out over time and leak some. Sounds like thats all the problem is. Don't try RTV just makes a mess and will leak. The snap ring can be a pain in the ass to get off on the car so pull the pipe and put it in a vice and remove the outer shield first so not to scratch up the bling then just snap ring pliers and a small flat tip later you can see whats going on.

I actually fixed one once with a new oring and it still leaked, the flange was machined a little off and the snap ring groove was up off the base about a 1/2 a mm to much and wouldn't seal so I took a piece of thin gasket paper and cut a donut and stacked it up and guy said it never leaked again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned