The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g non turbo conversion

dsmless

So a friend (moidsm) gave me a complete 6 bolt non turbo block so I can build it and drop it into my turbo colt but after much consideration well Im seriously considering looking for another turbo block to build or send/find a machine shop to step drill and tap in the oil squirters, but I was wondering if anyone here on the board has ever had any luck drilling and tapping the non turbo block to accomidate oil squirters like at home or can any good machine shop do this? Or should I just forget about the squirters and just build without? My mods are gonna be a 2g pistons on 1g rods and plan on running e85 and about 400 hp w supporting mods, whats your thoughts

dsmless

yeah I read that forged pistons dont need the squirters but already have the 2g's and apon looking at the milling video on the dsm graveyard site the machining doesnt look to hard jusst a big ass drill and to get the hole flat well thats a DIY project is weird, anyone here try it? theres has to be another way to step drill I think, I hope....

Struc

The 2.3l stroker in my GVR4 was made from a NT block, and has the squirters machined in. I didn't personally do it, though, so I'm not sure I can help you with any questions. Just wanted to let you know it can be done - any machine shop should be able to do it.

I would probably just build it up without them, though. They don't provide that much of a benefit to mess with it.

Last edited:

dsmless

Thanks for the insite I will look for a machine shop that can do it locally see what i find

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts