The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what wires to the Alternator? Pics inside

Brunoboy

So I am removing my Alternator, I took off the plug type connector and the 10mm. On the 10mm(Ground?) there are two wires that have been cut/spliced off.What are they for?

Brunoboy

not the part that goes onto the Alt with a 10mm, Im talking about along those wires theres two yellow wires, mine are spliced.

TylerAdamson

Could you get a better picture of the terminals that are on the ends? I think one of them goes to the PS pump and not sure about the other.

Ben

possibly the oil pressure sensor, but a beter pic would help.
All I can see are the 2 wires going to the eyelet in your hand and the 2 yellow wires that appear to be going to the alt connector.
I see another wire, but I can't tell if it's going to anything, or just ends right there.

Brunoboy

I think your Right!^I did take off the stock oil pressure sensor, and I think I may have snipped the wire as well. but I dont know why there are two. I will try and get more pics later today. its raining -__-.

Ben

The guy somewhere above me said somethign about the p.s. pump. it has a wire going to it also. I bet that's your other wire.

Brunoboy

Where would it hook up then?

Ben

The power steeing pump should have a sinlge round pin sticking out. I don't remember off hand where on the pump it is. It's a pressure switch that will bump your idle up when it sees a little load from the pump.

beaner

The wires going to the ps pump and the oil pressure sensor are BOTH yellow. I'll take a better look at my harness tonight and see if there's a colored stripe to tell the difference.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Ground one wire and see if your oil pressure light turns on. Then you know which wire is which. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts