The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

One-piece SS clutch lines

donkeylips

I'm looking to run a braided clutch line, but instead of just replacing the rubber section, thinking about getting one of the hoses that replaces all of the factory hard line. It may be unnecessary, but my hard lines aren't really in great shape anyway. Will I experience a noticeable hydraulic loss here? How would this setup compare to the factory arrangement, and how would it compare with just replacing just the rubber line with a braided piece? Will it all be basically the same?
Performance is my first priority but it just seems to be cleaner and easier to do the one-piece line if it works just as well.

As long as you secure the line in several places to keep it from moving around, the feel should be just fine. Flexible lines can change volume internally with the amount of bends in them. When they get pressurized, the bends try to straighten out, at the same time increasing the internal volume. If you have the line secured properly, it won't be able to straighten, and you should be fine.

alansupra94

Wow, I didn't not think of that. I will be securing my line down as we speak!

Although mine already has some ridiculous pedal force.

Adorsey

ExtremePSI.com sells them for $40~
Mine is feeling pretty good. Did some securing of the line when install, and its feeling hard. I like the look of it also, even though the stock line will work and looks just as good.

It may not be a huge loss, but when that volume increases, that means less fluid is filling the slave cylinder, possibly resulting in clutch drag. This applies more to tighter bends as well.

Mine really wasnt that secure and it worked perfect. Clutch never dragged. I actually just pulled the clutch after about 4000 miles, numerous track runs on slicks, 656whp 527ftlbs and probably 100 pulls at that power level....Looked near perfect.

-Kevin-

alansupra94

Okay mine was held down pretty well. Went through the stock location so its fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts