The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock car with fuel pump upgrade?

fongvr4

if the car is bone stock, while doing fuel pump replacement, should upgrade the pump to GSS-342 for future modification? does it work fine with the current setup? or it will cause problems? need FPR?

if not walbro 255, what other pump suggest to run with stock setup?

thanks

steve

You will just want to put in an AFPR at the same time so you can get the base pressure under control. If the stock pump needs replaced, might as well upgrade.

What are your goals for the car? Is a noisy fuel pump an issue?

Another option for a mild build would be an Evo 9 fuel pump. They're only like $50 used, are OEM quality, and are quiet.

DR1665

Quoting BKatter:
What are your goals for the car?

I'd just like to point out that this is perhaps the most important question to ask anyone and BKatter earned MAJOR cool points in my book for doing so.

We need more of this action right here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ agree ^^^

Brandon's the real deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fongvr4

just want to get it running, cuz the "newly used" pump just failed. prefer to get a replacement pump without having to add a FPR.

does any walbro pump need a FPR?

would the evo pump works fine without the FPR?

thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Aww, jeez guys, thanks!

I have been meaning to get a fuel pressure gauge intalled so I can verfiy whether or not an Evo 9 fuel pump causes overrun. Rumor has it, it does, but I've never seen anyone verify with a gauge.

I'm currently running an Evo 9 pump with no AFPR and have no problems at all, but I can tune out higher than stock base fuel pressure with DSMLink.

Honestly, I don't think you'll have any problems whatsoever with an Evo 9 pump and no AFPR, especially if the fuel pump isn't rewired. If there is overrun it won't exceed the ECUs ability to compensate via fuel trims.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts