The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to High Impedance Injectors and MSD wiring

Yao

Hello all, I am trying to run a set of High Impedance injectors and I know I have to disconnect the resistance box at the firewall, but Do I just disconnect or I have to loop the wires? If I have to loop them, How? which wire-color to which? If anybody have done it, please let me know.

Also, anybody know how to run MSD-2 without the tech adaptors? I have the tech adaptors now and just looking to clean up engine bay if I could eliminate that ugly looking things would be great!

yao

Adorsey

I believe you need a inj. resister pack from a non turbo car.

Not sure about the MSD ignition though.

Yao

After looking at the Diagram, I just needed to cut all the wires at the resistor pack and connect them all together, correct?

Adorsey

Yeah, I'm deffinalty wrong with that one after I asked some friends

stevep

Quoting Yao:
After looking at the Diagram, I just needed to cut all the wires at the resistor pack and connect them all together, correct?

Sure, but I usually recommend getting a spare resistor pack, cutting off the resistors and soldering all the wires together so that the mod is reversible if you find that you want to run low impedance injectors again in the future.

Yao

For the record, I found something on google, we'll see if this works when the Eclipse gets going.

"dont need a tach adaptor on a 1g I have found out....cut the white wire comming out of the transistor pack harness in the middle and you hook that up to the tach signal wire comming out of the MSD DIS 2.....the white wire comming out of the harness is the one going to your tach guage,although thats for 91-94 1g's...for a 90 you do have to use a tach adapter to make it work although. "

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts