The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what differnt jdm intercooler vr4rs with evo3??

is it same??i hve this 2 different intercooler...but don't know to used which one...which is better 4 my vr4?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

prove_it

Perhaps Toybreaker can handle this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

The standard JDM intercooler measures 205 x 420 x 65mm and has a 1 7/8" ID inlet and outlet pipes

The 'Evolution' which includes RS models from mid way through 1990 but not the models earlier measures 205 x 470 x 65mm and has 2" ID inlet and outlet pipess.

The Lancer Evolution 1-3 measures 256 x 470 x 65mm and has 2" ID inlet and outlet pipes.

thats was interesting to knows...if i put in the evo3 intercooler at my vr4rs,is it ok??any leak??or loose pressure??

fuel

I don't see why it would leak unless you buy an intercooler which leaks to begin with. No you will not lose boost pressure, unless you buy a said leaky intercooler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The inlet and outlet of the Evo3 intercooler are not in the same spot as the VR-4 intercooler, so you'll need to re-do your piping as well as make new mounts.

oh like thats...im juz want 2 know bcause im new in automobile world..expecially turbo..too many gve me confusing...huhuhuhuhu...if i put bigger than evo3,it means i only must do a same piping with the intercooler...what specific size should i do to inlet and outlet piping intercooler?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

fuel

please read my first response, where it already has answered your size query.

ok i will try it.....i used evo3 intercooler and make ashort piping 2 get quick reespone...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts