The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

why isn't my 2 step working?

MellowVR4

I recently installed a chip everything, tried out my 2step... nothing. Then i found out that i had to do the clutch wire mod to my ecu. Still nothing, has anybody had this problem if so what did u do to fix it. let me know please, thnx.

Diego

Did you put the wire to the right pin.... did you solder the wire?

MellowVR4

yea im pretty sure i did, the smallest plug from all three plugs on the ecu,the black wire just how the pictures show on dsmchips.com

Brunoboy

you splice the red/black wire on the clutch pedal switch, run a wire from the switch part end to the ECU Black wire. try it again.

prove_it

Make sure you connected to the right clutch wire. There is wiring for the cruise control also. You may have tapped one of those wires.

raptorWagon

Have you checked your VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)? That could have gone bad and need to be replaced.

MellowVR4

you mean that one with one prong by the throttle cable. yea i dont have that connected would that cause my 2step not to work.

MellowVR4

Quoting brunoboy:
you splice the red/black wire on the clutch pedal switch, run a wire from the switch part end to the ECU Black wire. try it again.

thats where im confused i dont know if you have to just cut the black wire on the plug and tap into that end and leave the other half of the wire just hangin. Then run the taped wire to the black and red clutch wire.

Brunoboy

The wire on the ecu cut un half the wire runs from black/red on the clutch switch to the ecu half black wire the other half tape and leave alone

raptorWagon

Quoting MellowVR4:
you mean that one with one prong by the throttle cable. yea i dont have that connected would that cause my 2step not to work.

That plugs into the trans, yes, then you're 2 step would not work. Try plugging that back in and see what happens.

MellowVR4

the only ones that are on the trans are the reverse switch, and the sensor that has a cable attached to it. i heard that the vss is located on the cluster on 1g

MellowVR4

Quoting MellowVR4:
Quoting brunoboy:

thats where im confused i dont know if you have to just cut the black wire on the plug and tap into that end and leave the other half of the wire just hangin. Then run the taped wire to the black and red clutch wire.

thats what i did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MellowVR4

got my 2step woking, dont really know what i did but it works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. All i changed was the isc, jdm throttle body, and a idle position sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts