The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine temp.

Tre3zy

hey guys just wondering well i got a aluminum civic radiator since mine was busted but the only thing is its only 2" core and im worried about the motor running hot.... wats the hottest temp that is still safe that can this motor run?

thecman02

If you have a good fan bolted to that radiator and the rest of your cooling system is up to snuff you shouldn't have any problems. The AMS time attack car uses a Koyo Civic Race Radiator that's 2" thick with a 12" FAL fan with no problems.

As far as temp.... I would avoid anything over 220 F but 190 is where it should be. A trick if you are overheating too is to turn on your heater full blast.

I'm sure other people will chime in. I forget what point the coolant will boil with a standard radiator cap, but the pressure in the system is what does most of your boiling point raising. Make sure you have a radiator cap that isn't getting weak or it'll boil over on you prematurely.

Another thing is you can run a mix a more aggressive mix of water since your in California. I would probably run 75 to 66 percent water. The antifreeze at this point is just for corrosion protection.

Last edited:

Tre3zy

cool thnx for the advice.... i will be running a temp sensor that is hooked up to the lower radiator hose so i know wat temp. is going in the motor....

bobdole

You can get one of these to monitor the temp also.

My friend had one on his car thought it was a neat thing to have.

click

Tre3zy

that looks nice.... hahaha maybe when i need to replace my radiator cap.... price is kinda high...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned