The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sea level timing?

gmp

hey guys,
just a dumb question maybe...
I came from colorado 5,200ft above sea level, and now im staying with family for a while
in texas at like 4ft above sea level.So i guess my question is do i need to adjust my timing cause i run like 7deg at altitude should it bumped back down to 5deg. Also would it benefit me in on way or the other?

And is there anything else i would maybe need to change?

Thanks
Gary

toybreaker

iconoclast
Gary, if it's not showing knock, you can probably leave it be untill you get back up here. If you're showing knock, I'd back it up a schosche and call it good.

Quote:
And is there anything else i would maybe need to change?

I'd pop across the border and get some color put on that white primer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Quote:

Thanks

Your're welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gmp

nice one john! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif always gotta get that whitey joke N.
Im not far enough south to get that crazy underground paint to
cover up this white primer.But im headed over to mafia,tx to see if
are extraterrestrial friends have anything to rid the world of any car/cars with pigment issues!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh also thanks john for the input you seem to always have an eye out for my questions.
No matter how dumb they are

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Actually, I'm envious of what you've done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

You took a stripped shell, and built a damn nice runner out of it peice by piece.

Now you're out boosting around the country...

That's livin large!

Where's the pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do you have a logger with you? It might be a good idea to plug it in and look at the fuel trims.

Also, with all the miles you're piling on, at some point you should probably check the driveline fluid levels, especially the t-case.

gmp

thanks john,
um na i dont have a logger but one is in the mail on its way to me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
And as for driveline oil levels i replaced em all just before i left!!
I been taking some pic's once i get to a computer that can handle picture uploads, ill be sure to post up some of my travels.

And document how many miles i chart with my little whitey. So far
i put just over 1500 on the clock since i left home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned