The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wideband install

deez

Hey, I am going to have my exhaust person weld in the bung for the wideband, and was wondering where the best place to put it is. The car uses the Evo 3 exhaust housing. Thanks!

Terry Posten

Weld it onto the down pipe, point it upward, in the space by the drivers side axle. A WBO2 sensor should not be too close to the manifold or it wont last as long and can read incorrectly.

Basically put in in the area centered between the axle and steering rack.

Again, it needs to be upward so any condensation runs out of the sensor and not down into it.

prove_it

That's where mine is installed too. It's an easy install too. Right between the steering rack and engine. You can even pull the sensor out to compensate it from the top which saves tons of time.

Polish

Same place I had mine in the Galant, worked good in that spot.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting Terry Posten:
Weld it onto the down pipe, point it upward, in the space by the drivers side axle. A WBO2 sensor should not be too close to the manifold or it wont last as long and can read incorrectly.

Basically put in in the area centered between the axle and steering rack.

Again, it needs to be upward so any condensation runs out of the sensor and not down into it.

That usually end up right after the flex section or furthur back?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned