The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What turbo to go with my setup?

TakumiJr

I plan on switching my turbo setup in the upcomming months, so I would like some input from you guys. I'm looking for more along the lines of FP turbos, theres so many new fp turbos that just came out that I'm stuck on which one to go with. But, I'm open to other turbo brand also. My car is mostly a track car, but I do take it out sometime on the weekends and car shows. Currently I'm running a turbonetic 60trim turbo, which makes sub-500awhp already. But, I want a little more power now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Setup is basically a built 2.3 liter stroker 9.0 CR motor with all supporting mods.

Thanks,

TakumiJr

Quote:
gt35r?

I was originally planning on going GT3582R like on my old car, but then I just noticed they came out with the gt3586r and fp dsm86 turbo. So, got stuck and thats why I made a thread asking to see what others think or if they have ran these turbo on similar setup. I don't think GT42r is suited for me, I don't need that much power just yet.

Brianawd

Do a HTA gt3586r or the HTA DSM86

The GT4088R is a great turbo but its a little more laggy and will only make 20-30hp more than a HTA3586r.

HTA GT3586R Will have a little more top end than the HTA DSM86 But the DSM86 will spool faster.

Brianawd

Lucas English. Street driven 1g.
FP3065.
click

also my friends David's 1g. Off the shelf gt35r. Car is his DD.
click

Last edited:

TakumiJr

Thanks Brian, thats exactly the two turbo I was debating on. I'm leaning toward the dsm86 turbo.

Thanks to you too Nick, but I think the gt40 is just too much for me.

Quoting TakumiJr:
My car is mostly a track car, but I do take it out sometime on the weekends and car shows.

BS:... when you get the car running you'll drive it everyday... I know I would if my car ever ran. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
(PS if you all haven't noticed I'm good friends with the kid so I rag on him all the time.. all in good fun)
Tak go big or go home!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned