The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant Temp Sensors

Since 1302 has had the AC removed, can I get away with removing the coolant temp sensors for the ac system?

I only remember one thermoswitch that is related to the A/C. The sensor for the ECU, and the one for the dash gauge have to stay.

Struc

There are 2 sensors just for the A/C system. One turns on the condenser fan in an overheat situation, the other locks out the compressor if the car is overheating. The compressor lockout is normally closed, and the condenser fan is normally open.

I would say for sure you can pull the compressor lockout one. It would be the 2-wire sensor at the top. Not sure if you would want to pull the other one or not.

kaptainballistik

Ive modded my condendser fan to sit on the radiator and leave the Sensor on the thermostat housing connected.

Hence I now have 2 thermofans that cut in at the same temp!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned