The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No crank v. stumped

The car just randomly shut off. Timing belt is fine. No physical damage to spark plugs. Car rolls fine with clutch in, grinds to a halt after releasing the clutch. I didn't intentionally try it, just found out pretty quick after the car turned off.

Oil level is fine. Car tries to crank but does not turn over at all. Poopy

14u2nV

Got juice? Dead alt and battery may be culprit. Cas still connected?

1990ggsxnj

Have you had your caps replaced?

Battery has good amount of juice. Caps have been done.

It happened while driving.

I haven't tried it since parking. I can try it next chance I get. Right when it happened I pressed the clutch in, tried letting it out and it didn't seem to want to start. I'll try though.

14u2nV

You say it tries to crank, but won't turn over at all?? Do you mean it turns over, just won't fire, or will it not even turn over?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Is it getting spark/fuel?

I've just started trouble shooting tonight. I don't have a DMM anymore to check spark/fuel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It does not turn over at all, but sounds as if it tries but the motor wont turn.

14u2nV

Jumped time, bent valves? What do you mean it sounds like it trys, but won't? Starter clicks and spins, but engine won't move? Try doing what Wop said.

I'll try the socket idea. The starter clicks but won't/can't spin the motor over.

Also, I think I'm developing lifter tick. Doesn't happen at idle, just at light/moderate throttle reguardless of the RPM. Sounds like lifter tick to me, just wanted to run it by you.

^^^^This is what I described to Jon(toybreaker), he said it didn't sound like lifter tick to him.

rgeier11

Obvious. The pistons are hitting the valves. Take apart the timing cover to see what went wrong.

i think you have had some timing issues. Pull the valve cover and look to see if any of the rockers are out of place. that will tell you if you have bent valves, or you can take off the timing cover also.

Yay!!! Guess it's not the worst that could happen. The car was nice and waited until I had a job to break.

Jon, did you PM me? I can't read anything, the proxy I'm on at work is rather touchy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts