The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What size AN line from the FPR to the Fuel Return Hard Line

I am switching from the FTS FPR and I dont want to run a full -6 all the way to the tank, so I am trying to figure out what size the an line needs to be.

THanks

Rausch

^ +1....Exactly what I did as well.

atc250r

Staff member
+2 and 30K miles later its still working fine.

gtluke

the return line isn't under pressure so you can use regular fuel hose. -6 = 6/16 or 3/8"
very common size. get fuel injection hose if you want to be on the safe side, its rated for higher pressure and is thicker and stronger.
an easy way to do it is to use a pushlock fitting on the FPR and push the hose over the fitting on that side, and hose clamp it onto the stock return.

Rausch

I just happened to have some extra braided line left over from the runs. I'mm sure the rest did as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

+1 there is no real pressure to speak of, so anything that can handle fuels/gas will do.

CarRacer

I clamped it as well. I'm going to try to locate one of those ricer clamp covers for aesthetics.

atc250r

Staff member
If you wrap the clamped end nicely with electrical tape (which you'll have to do to cut it anyway) and then put the clamp on over that tape it'll stay nice and won't fray. Mine's been that way for nearly 5 years now.

John

turbowop

sh*t! I'm missing some bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I guess I just didn't see the need to have a stainless braided return line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarRacer

I used a stainless return line because I had a leftover length.

As for cutting the line, I use a chisel, sledge, and aluminum plate. There's no fraying when you remove the tape because you don't need any. The chisel also presses the wire into the rubber further preventing fraying. The aluminum plate doesn't dull the chisel when you bash it down with the hammer. It cuts straight and works well. No melted inner hose or debris from cutting.

GVR4_1057

^ +1 on the chisel method. Is it the best by far. And nobody expects it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned