The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator setup

Alright the radiator went out today on the galant with a big crack in the plastic and i was just curious if i put a honda radiator and a pusher fan on would it be sufficient enough to keep her runing cool? im not sure if its too small to keep it cool so i thought i would just ask before I drop 400 on a new one.

Thanks.

G

Staff member
I can get you a koyo replacement for $100 & change.

G

Staff member
You've never heard of koyo?

I have a honda radiator and a permacool 14" fan. Not a problem at all so far.

Planning to go with a two row aftermarket radiator for a civic to free some space for my setup i am going with this year.

spartan

Is the koyo radiator that you speak of aluminum or just a stock replacement?

mr.mitsu

Quote:
I have a honda radiator and a permacool 14" fan. Not a problem at all so far.

Just curious...OEM or aftermarket (aluminum)?

It's the small aluminum one. Something along the lines of (or quite possibly exactly) the one linked.

click

I'm fairly certain all of the half-sized civic ones are the same. Not sure, I bought it from digit. He probably knows more about it.

Install wasn't bad. Had to make a bracket for the bottom of the radiator, then used the stock pass. side rubber mount and moved the top mount. Stock upper hose works fine, and I had to do a little fiddling with the lower hose. I'll snap a few pictures if you'd like.

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

That fan will remove limbs.

Ralli380Gvr4

Quote:
I can get you a koyo replacement for $100 & change.

is this an aluminum replacement, if so sign me up!

G

Staff member
It is a copper oe replacement.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I have a civic radiator too with a 14" Spal puller mounted on it. So far no problems/issues.
Here's the thread I made about it after I installed it click me

That was the original thread that got me turned onto the civic radiators. A suggestion to anyone purchasing a fan for a civic radiator or even oem is to use perma cool over spal or slim line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts