The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HVAC controls problems after heater core replacement

BoostedAWD91

i just recently removed the dash and replaced the heater core while it was out since i had to install the center vent. I got a new heater core from advanced auto and after installation, my heater control levels arent working completly. I pretty much only can get defrost and on the floor. the knob is hard to turn and doesnt turn all the way. i wasnt sure if i didnt run the cables correctly or if the heater core was alittle bigger than stock and jammed the doors from opening. its almost winter and i need to have some vent heat. anybody run into this b4?

Rausch

i would check the cables. 9/10 times thats where your problem is. either at the control, at the doors or bound at a bend/kink...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned