The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Spring & Strut replacement parts

Matticus

Hello Friend. I am in the process of replacing my old and tired stock suspension setup with some new stuff. I have most of the parts I need, but I have some questions on the rest of the stuff.

Springs, F/R EVO 8 uncut at the moment, will be cutting fronts
Struts, new KYB AGXs all around

Now I am confused at what I should replace and where to source it all.

Front Strut mounts - I have new KYB ones to put in
Front spring perch - I will be reusing the old ones (Is this Okay?)
Strut boots/bump stops - old ones seem to have crumbled into nothing (what's a good replacement for them)

Rear strut mounts - I thought I bought a mount kit, but all it came with is some rubber pieces and a big washer. The rear mounts don't look nearly as bad my fronts were
Rear spring perch - reusing old perch
Rear bump stops/boot - appear to be in same condition as the fronts, gone.

Looking around the web I see some places only carry the fronts while others only carry parts for the rear (or so their descriptions say)

I would like to get new rear strut mounts along with new boots and bump stops. Now the million dollar question is, where is a good place to get them at?

Thanks all,

www.mitsubishiparts.net is where I bought my suspension pieces. For the bumpstops you can go to most auto parts stores and ask for a "strut cushion". This is a one piece bumpstop/strut boot. Costs about the same as the factory piece and you can cut the boot off if you don't want to use it.

The rubber bushings/big washer you got for the rear is what is considered the rear mount. The piece you're probably thinking should be the mount is called the "isolator". It would probably be fine to re-use the old ones, same with the spring perches if they are not rusted out. Although I'm replacing my struts and mounts soon and I spent the extra money to get all new pieces. My car has seen too many salted roads and I figure if you're going to tear apart your suspension may as well replace everything in there.

Matticus

Thanks for the info, I am thinking the same way, might as well replace everything while I am in there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts