The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post your FMIC and FMIC Info

what front mount do you have? what brand/dimenstions?, and what did you do for piping? stock route? short route?

I'm actually buying a Buschur Racing Street core tomorrow. I'm not sure on the dimensions, but I'm gonna hold off on piping for a little bit to get some more money. Got a deal I couldn't pass up.

I'll take some pics of the IC once I pick it up, but it's gonna be a little while till I get piping fabricated for it.

Griffin 24x10x2.75 Core w/ HKS endtanks.

sep12fmic003.jpg

sep12fmic007.jpg

There's a few inches hiding under the skin..

2.5 upper pipes, 2.25 lower pipes.

blingbay002.jpg

Ashvr401.JPG

Looks strangely like Terren's doesn't it - 'cept mines a dodgy $50au truck core.
tongue.gif
Dimentions 600x220x65mm (about 24"x9"x2.5") with 2" lower pipe and 2.5" upper pipe.

The full RRE setup. Griffen core, 18x6x3", top to bottom flow Spearco end tanks. Stock route piping, 2.25" lower and 2.5" upper piping (I think... can't remember). Have pics somewhere... will post later when I find them.

quote: The full RRE setup. Griffen core, 18x6x3", top to bottom flow Spearco end tanks. Stock route piping, 2.25" lower and 2.5" upper piping (I think... can't remember).
--------------------
Jon F. '92 #305
Same here. First mod I did and worth it.
Mike R.

Ok Mr. Aussie...start sending some of those 50 dollar truck cores up this way, will ya? Or at least turn us on to exactly what truck it was? Like a cummins diesel..what year?

i have an evo 5 intercooler bigger then a jdm galant and has 2.5 outlets. sorry i dont have any pics but if look at joses amg bumper pics somewhere he has my car next to his.

hec

I have a Spearco 2-216 which is 28.5x10.5x3.5. It's got 2.5 piping, short routed. Piping is aluminum. I made it myself. I will get around to pictures eventually. I think there are some new pipe routing pictures I took for you guys but they are still on the digicam.

those of you with the short route piping, did you feel a difference when you went to short piping?

would you say it was worth the trouble of cutting and stuff to get shorter piping, or is the stock route just as good?

I'm going for quite lofty goals so I felt short route was best. FWIW, Adam @ AMS has stock routing on his 10.9 second GVR4. Over the manifold and everything. Of course he was also spraying
wink.gif

I'll look through my pictures and try to get some up this weekend. I know I took some specifically for you guys before.

i cant decide which route i wanna go on the piping

how difficult was the cutting and modding needed for the short route piping? have any pictures?

im just trying to decide if its worth the trouble of doing short route

Short route piping has no effect on performance or horsepower. It’s just a matter of preference.

Aaron

img.php

starion with stock pipes.

CKA

This is what I cut to plumb my IC via the short route method. Notice the bumper and the two boxes cut out on both sides of the frame. To cut through the bumper, I used a 14" chop saw. The frame material is rather thin sheet metal, I used a small cut off wheel and sawzaw to cut through it. I welded two tabs to the bumpers to mount the IC and cut off the IC's top tab. The IC is a 2-216 core.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts