The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 motor mounts VS TEL Mounts

i having a little problem

i just got my motor in the back in the VR4 i swapped out the front mount (the one under the timing belt )
and my freind said he change the other two
iam having problems gettting a bolt through the front one (the one beside the timing cover )
its like a inch or two off

is there any diff in the mounts beside's the front one

i bet my friend didnt change them out

thanks guys

autobahntom

The one beside the timing cover is the same.
Either the front or rear (I think the rear) is different. The difference is in the length. I think the T/E/L ones are shorter. Been a while though. Must be changed or the drivers side mount (by the timing cover) will not fit.
Tom

Both the front and rear GVR4 engine mounts are different than the TELs by about 3/4". While you can make the TEL ones fit, it is a PITA as you've found out. Swap in the GVR4 stuff and you'll be fine.

spoulson

I'm confused. Seems like everyone has a different interpretation of 'front mount'. As long as I've ever known, the front mount is always on the front of the car. The sides are named driver or passenger.

BluFalcon

I just used my old GVR4 motor mounts to install a motor into my 90 Talon project. The mounts were already set up for ProThane mount inserts. Motor dropped in without a hitch. I ran into a problem with my first motor install into a GVR4 because the donor block came from a 90 FWD Turbo. I has left the FWD motor brackets on the engine.

It depends on whet you consider the motor mounts. There's the mounts that bolt to the crossmembers and unibody. There's some brackets that bolt to the block. The front and rear roll stopper that bolt to the front and rear crossmembers, have the same part number in CAPS. The rubber transmission mount that bolts tot he passenger side unibody has a different part number, but that's because of the extra support for the MAS? that's welded onto it. The L shaped mount that bolts onto the engine and unibody on the driver's side also has a different part number, but it does fit. Like I said, it worked for dropping a motor into my Talon, no reason why it shouldn't work in reverse. If the block is from a DSM, check to see if the brackets have been changed out.

I'm sorry, my memory failed me again. Way back when I tried to put a FWD-T block into the GVR4 and those roll stopper brackets are different. I ended up buying both brackets from Mitsu.

I'll have to disagree with BluFalcon here: according to my copy of CAPS the rear roll stopper brackets for M/T 1G AWDs / GVR4 are the same: MD136195. But the front roll stopper brackets are different [that does not preclude interchangeability]: 1G AWD MD133347, GVR4 MD133344. The A/Ts and FWD-Ts are different altogether.

Is that clearer? Sorry for the confusion.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts