The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What availability is left for having a trans built?

Kibby

Its been quite awhile since I've been on here. I ran into some financial hardships years ago when my wife was rear ended in a car accident. Things have gotten a bit more stable and I started looking into having my trans built but saw that a lot of websites builds are nla due to lack of parts. I have a zero mile rebuilt motor and a spare trans that I'd like to build up a bit. I barely put 1k miles on the car and then its been jsb for like 6 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm not sure if i should just put the car back together and sell it or search around to see who can build the transmission. I had some decent hp goals in mind and my galant trans didnt handle it with just the bolt ons i had. Just somewhat conflicted on where i should go with the gvr4 as I've always wanted an evo but came across this car on craigslist years ago and didn't want to miss the opportunity for something cheaper. Sorry for the long post I just overthink things especially since i had quite a few thousand into it already

Last edited:

idreamidrive

I had white shed speed do mine, since tre, jacks, and tmz were all booked out for what seemed like months. He did a decent job for a stock rebuild. Walked me through the things that were bad while he was going through it and what was the best path to take. No matter where you go, OE parts are drying up. This makes even a stock rebuild somewhat hard to accomplish without using used parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts