The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Problem with GM IAT and DSMLink v3lite

jmorri15

So I have been trying to figure out why my IAT sensor is only showing -40 degrees, it has been a problem since I started going through everything to get my car back onto the road. I have narrowed it down to what I believe is something in my ECU. I replaced the old HKS IAT with a brand new GM IAT sensor a week ago and just applied 12v power to the car after 6 years Saturday. The wiring under the hood is pretty rough so I have been cutting and replacing connectors that are frayed and baked. The old IAT sensor looks like it was shorted and broke almost as soon as I moved the cable.

Here is what I have tested so far

I tested the resistance of the IAT sensor and I am getting up and down from 1.3-2.8 ohms when running a hairdryer across it. I have checked the wiring and I good continuity and have no resistance from the sensor to the ECU. When I look at the wiring diagram it seems to say that I should see 5v across the sensor when it is plugged in, but when I probe it I am seeing no voltage.

Any thoughts you might have would be awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts