The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5th gear pop out

idreamidrive

Currently on a trip, and I noticed that the shifter in 5th gear has a lot of movement when you get on and off the throttle. It just started popping out now every once in a while. I am 700 miles from home. You think I can make it back to tighten those two nuts in the tranny, or should I try to find a place here to do it?

turbofonz

I had this happen and wear a hole in the end case in pretty quick time. I'm mechanically savvy, but a smidge lazy and put it off and regretted waiting that long. Wasn't even that long from what I can remember.

slugsgomoo

I would try to find a place to do it. Luckily it just means a drain and full of fluid, some sealer and a few tools. You have the vfaq article right?

idreamidrive

I ended up being able to borrow a garage and tools. Nut wasn't even finger tight. Vfaq was very helpful, but not the best in the supplies needed area. Ended up not putting in the best fluid, but will change once I get home. Glad that I am not working about the car anymore. That stress wasn't needed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts