The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Possibly broke shaft on fp 68hta

dougmacho

I have about 5k miles on my turbo, was running fine then no boost. I believe the turbo shaft is broken, is it safe to assume i can send it to FP to have it rebuilt? Anyone else have issues with their FP 68hta?

IncorpoRatedX

There's a lot to check before you assume the turbo is dead. If there's a quality issue with the turbo, FP will stand behind their product. If you ran it out of oil from a blown line or something, they wont be responsible.

jnava

Staff member
Talk to Michael Hess, legit dude and will want you to ship that in for analysis. If you do ferceberks, you can get ahold of him easily. I trust those folks.

gvr4ever

Wouldn't you be able to tell from taking your intake off and inspecting the intake side of the turbo? I'm no turbo expert, but if the shaft broke, I'd think the blades would have too much play and maybe even come apart? I'd expect everything to be damaged.

thomcasey

If anything, while it is running, are the compressor blades turning? Also, it would have a ton of in-out play.

turbofonz

I'd do a simple boost leak test first. Is the car on a MAF or speed density? But check turbo for play and oil coming out of the wheel before testing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts