The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Auto harness swap - fuse box confusion

boostme

The GVR4 engine harness is out. But I am confused on the part where the GVR4 has a 2nd harness where the fuse box goes. The 1G auto harness does not have a connector

I tried searching but some lead to dead links and don't mention that part.

I'm keeping A/C so I want that functional as stock as possible ( reason I'm not hardwiring)

I can't attach a picture but what do I do from here?

thomcasey

That harness is separate. You may need to make the necessary power connections for the auto harness

boostme

Rereading the threads now I understand... so now it's just a matter of soldering them together?

I e never removed a harness so I had no idea what to expect.

thomcasey

If you are planning on using a TCU. When we auto-swapped a DMS, we just went with a Forced-4 box. Much more reliable.

boostme

Well for now I wanted to use a TCU but if it is easier to just wire in a shift box, then I'll go that route.

So then I can reinstall the GVR4 harness or proceed to solder in the 1G harness?

thomcasey

You will probably still want the 1g harness. It will make it easier wiring up the solenoids and such. I have a write-up I did for installing the box in a swapped auto Summit/Colt Vista/Expo Wagon (aka Mitsubishi Chariot), but it still might be some help to you.

boostme

Do you have a link to your work?

Do you suggest cutting off the plugs from the auto harness and wiring it that way?

Maybe I'm over complicating things but its obvious wiring isn't my strong point.

Thank you

thomcasey

I can email the PDF to you, just give me an email address

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts