The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What ECU for EVO8 rom

Galant_martin

Hello

i want to ask if anyone know what ecu i can use for an "evo8 ecu swap". Must it be an Evo 8 ECU like the MN132874 or can it be another one used too?
Like these i found cheap on ebay:

MN156916 04 Lancer Manual
MR988331 03 Lancer LS
MN132618

Thank you all

Martin

Last edited:

fuel

Must be an Evo ECU - I believe one from an Evo 5/6/7 will be fine too. You can't use the Evo 9 due to MIVEC.

tektic

There's a list of programmable ecus on the evo scan website. 3g manual eclipse works and some year manual lancers work.

transparentdsm

i actually just had a recent conversation with someone about this. im very excited to try it myself. i was told a 3G eclipse does work, he has actually done the conversion, and can be had for $30-40, build the harness yourself for a few bucks and EVOScan.. I plan on doing this for the 1G DSM i just recently bought. going to tuck a 3G MAF into the 1G canister for it.

Galant_martin

Ok thank you for ur help, i finally got an 1860A118 from an evo. =)
I also built an adapter cable already.

Do i still need the resistorpack in the loom for the injectors?

Greetings

Eztoril

I'm in the middle of doing this using a 2005 evo8 ecu. Will report back once it starts and fires up.

Last edited:

Galant_martin

So its going on..
But i have a problem. Ecu throws codes:

P0183 Fuel Tank temp
P0340 no camshaft signal at EFI ECU
P0335 no crankshaft reference Signal at EFI ECU

I checked the connector under the hood, 2 wires go to the ecu Pin 88/89, 2 have +12V.

Car starts without problems, it holds idle with my feet (no ISC) ..

Any ideas?

EDIT
if i unplug the cas the car wont start

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts