The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

R12 to R134 Adapters

ShaggyTE

Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble finding the correct size adapters for our high side fitting. All the stores around here claim that 3/16" is the smallest adapter offered and that was still too large. Only one shop said there was a smaller 1/8" offered before, but that was only used on Ford's for a couple years and they didn't have it. Wondering if anyone knows the size before I move order anything else. I didn't have any luck searching for it on the forum.

Thanks,
Tanner

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't have a full answer for you right now, but I recall having some trouble with the fitting size when I recharged the R12 in my car a few years back. I think the gauges were too large to fit on the factory VR4 fittings and I had to find an adapter of some sort.

Most of the adapter info I can find is these two sizes, different from what you are saying:
adapter

ShaggyTE

So what I'm looking for is the adapters, like so : O'Reilly

However, I'm not having any luck finding a fitting that is small enough for our high side port. I don't have anyone around here that is still doing r12, and that is why I was switching to R134. I'm not having any luck finding a fitting smaller than 3/16" online either.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts