The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ac control module

DavsR

Question for the forum. My ac control module behind the glove box reads 1.5v on the air thermo sensor while the electrical diagram shows that this should be a 5v signal. My question does this mean my AC control module is no good? I have an extra control module and both read the same voltage.

holeshotmoe

Last summer I went through the electrical first. I seem to recall something suspicious measuring the voltages too. Like you, I had a spare giving the same results. But the system worked fine after I found and fixed the broken capillary line on the expansion valve. But assuming the schematic is correct, yes, pin 22 is supposed to supply 5v. Did you measure it with the sensor unplugged? And check the other two 5v outputs...pins 12 and 21. Also check the other voltages according to the troubleshooting tables on the pages after the schematic you're probably looking at. Then test the sensor. Those steps are there too. Tomorrow after work I'll try to get you a measurement from mine, connected and not.

DavsR

Thanks so much for the response holeshot, I've tested the circuit connected only and I'm not getting a voltage back from the air thermo sensor. I am seeing 6v+ from the air inlet sensor and the freon temp sensor (freon temp sensor not returning voltage). I think I need to replace compressor since freon temp sensor isn't something I can replace alone. I'm using the circuit diagram for the galant and I'm not seeing any testing protocals.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts