The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Air fuel ratio up and down

Jake92vr

Hey guys I'm new to the forum I just bought a 1992 Galant vr4 no.208 I'm having issues with the car having idle issues and running super lean and then super rich. I installed a wife and so I could see what's going on the car will idle at 14.7 the. Start idling rough bouncing from 10 all the way to 16z I cleaned the Cas and it helped a little could it be bad and showing signs of failing? Just trying to get it running smooth any help would be appreciated!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome. Not sure how installing a "wife" helped ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), but you may have a vacuum leak. Possibly at the BISS (base idle speed screw). The system is reacting to the changing air volume.

Jake92vr

Okay I'll check that today.i ment to say a wideband lol. But I guess the phone auto corrected to wife anything else that it could be? Like a cas?

mrt0mjones

nomatter what i'll just blame the Wife.

do you have anything to monitor your MAF signal or o2 input?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts