The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RPM gauge not steady, yet RPM's are solid

scottinalaska

What causes this bouncy needle. It mostly happens at idle where I am sitting at 800rpm and the needle will bounce up to 1200 and back again, yet the engine sounds very solid. It is more solid as I rev it, but the needle doesn't stay dead on at all like other gauges I have observed. Thoughts?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
For giggles, unplug your transistor pack and tell me if you see green in the connections or if the plastic housing is broken and allowing any possibility of moisture intrusion.

Still using the 1G 91+ transistor assembly I assume?

Last edited:

scottinalaska

Man, I'll assume it is still the original...but I don't know where it is located. Is the transistor pack another word for the coil pack?

tektic

Something is from an older model coil pack transistor or ecu . Check part number on ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts