The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Curious about why these roof racks are different

kerry92gvr4

I have two racks that are both supposed to be oem Thule racks but there are a couple differences. One has plastic covers that say Thule on them . The other covers are aluminum or something . The set with the aluminum covers tighten to the bars with a knob/bolt and the plastic cover ones have a Allen that you tighten under the cover and it's hidden.here are a couple pics.

Last edited:

fuel

perhaps there are the first version and then the revision to come out later on? maybe they realised that plastic is cheaper than aluminium.

kerry92gvr4

Possible, but overall the plastic cover ones are a lot nicer of a design

EMX5636

I have an OEM Thule rack, and it looks like the one on the left. Allen hidden inside (for theft I'd guess) and plastic outer covers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

maroonmetallic

I've personally owned both versions as well. BNIB even.

The first rack i bought was from Garfield Wright. It had plastic covers and came in a box from Thule.

Later, I got in on a group buy with G. This rack had AL covers and was BNIB from Mitsu Japan.

kerry92gvr4

Interesting , I personally like the one with the plastic covers better but I am missing one of the covers. Other than that the way the foot holds the crossbar is way better and a cleaner look. Wish I could find the other cover .. and a couple rubber pieces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts