The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM ECU Swap 5810 to 5808

Dale

I have an A-spec HH, 5810 ECU was faulty and wouldn't start car. I got my hands on a 5808 ECU. Has anyone swapped these before. I'm aware that it's a RS ECU and therefore requires 510cc injectors. I need info on wiring/pin changes. Do I need to swap 6 & 14? What about ABS & Fuel Pump signal wiring changes? Seeking help as this ECU is in excellent condition and I don't want to damage it. Any help will be appreciated.

Dale

Thanks, after looking at that I gather I don't have to swap 6 & 14. Install 510cc injectors, swap ABS (11Aus to 13 J-Spec). Any idea what to do with fuel pump drive signal?

kumfasa

I'd be inclined to leave it and see if the fuel pump runs as it should. If it does good, if not then I'd jump 13 to 56.

Dale

Swapped ABS pins, left fuel pump signal pin disconnected. Fired up ok, seems fine without it. Thanks for your help. I can run in my motor and clutch now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts