The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IAT SENSOR (SD) LOCATION

MellowVR4

Hey everyone, I will be switching to Speed density on my vr4. Wondering where most of you weld the bung for the IAT sensor? Im running meth injection and the nozzle is on the throttle body elbow, Which I know That is where most people weld their IAT bung to the elbow... My question is will the meth spraying into the throttle body and the IAT sensor being right next to it will it be getting false readings because they are next to each other??

Please any help/advice would be great!

EfiniX

Here

click

Basically weld a new bung down your intake pipe ~6-8", then move the meth nozzle to the new bung and put the IAT where the current bung is. Or plug/remove the current bung, and move it, then install the new one. Either way, you want the IAT as close to the TB as possible without interfering with its mechanical operation. You need space between the meth nozzle so you don't get fluid accumulation on the IAT. The meth sprayer should be spraying a fairly fine mist, so you want enough space so that the meth can mix with the air a bit. As for distance, it's debatable, but 6-8" seems to be where most people land based on the things I've read.

Full disclosure: I've been considering meth so I've done some reading. I'm sure there are people here with meth that can provide advice from personal experience. There's obviously a number of different ways to get this done. There are certainly people who put the nozzle closer to the IAT:

If you are doing DIY, Tom's Turbo Garage has a great installation video for the VR4. He's running a MAF, but still a good watch (along with all his other VR4 project videos).

click

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Thanks for the info! That's what I was thinking of doing with mine, was going to have the meth nozzle at least 8 inches from the IAT sensor to prevent anything..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned