The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheel Sizes

conradical

So Im looking at getting some new wheels but im unsure of the fitment. The wheels are the XXR 551 17x8.25 Gold 4-100/4-114.3 [+22mm]. I have KYB AGX with ground control coilover springs. What do you guys think about the fitment? Will I have to modify the front struts to alow for them to fit? Also what size tires should i look at? Im looking for something with a sidewall and not the "tucked look".

Thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
+22 is not enough offset. 8.25 width is doable with the right offset, some camber introduced. There are threads about similar questions, as well as a wheel thread in the how to I believe.

KiNgMaRtY

You will need more than 2.5 negative camber for the front and if you are using a spring/strut combo they may make contact.

EMX5636

They will clear the GC coils, but you'll probably have to trim/remove the factory spring perch. And you will likely need to run more offset by 10-15mm if you don't want them sticking out or barely flush.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts