The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IAT installed. AFRatioEst lean across the board

EfiniX

Evan just finished installing an I AT in my car and it's working great. I have noticed, however, that my AFRatioEst is now about 1:1 leaner than before the IAT was installed. It used to track fairly well against the WB, but now, lean.

I'm can't say I'm sure exactly how to sort that out. The AFR in the Maxoct table is correct and tracks with the WB well enough. What other knobs can I turn to get this value back in line with my WB and octane table?

Last edited:

EfiniX

So I'm guessing (I would italicize "guessing" if I could) that this might have to do with my global fuel adjustments. Currently, my global fuel is sitting at -50.8% . That's a good bit off from the calculated value of -52.63% than my FIC 950's should be at/around. Now I adjusted my global fuel over the last few weeks to get my VE max cell values down below 100. Really a cosmetic adjustment, but was it really...? Could it be that I've adjusted my global fuel higher and enriched my actual AFR's while in turn, artificially leaned-out my AFRatioEst?

This theory seems to fit and it's easy enough to test. Yay again for a formula-driven GF adjustment spreadsheet that calculates the changes to the VE table cells. I'm going to dial my GF down to -51.6%, which gives me a max VE cell value of 100 (go figure) after everything is adjusted. I'll get that put in and we'll see what happens.

This is so much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned