The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Momo hub adapter

4Grim

Ok I am having a issue with a Momo hub adapter fitment issues. Last week I realized my horn wasn't working so I removed my steering wheel to see if the wires were connected. I noticed something about my "Momo" hub adapter I bought back in 06-07 that didn't look right. I have seen legit Momo adapters and they have a "hubcentric collar" but the one I had on the car didn't have it. I removed it and didn't have any part number or anything to signify it was a authentic Momo. I didn't know any better back in 07 I guess...looks like I had a knockoff brand all these years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyways I bought a Momo adapter from a member here and recieved it and went to install it but it does not fit at all. The part number on the hub adapter is C-6104 which I did some research list that it should fit 89-92 Galants along with other Mitsus but I also saw that Part # 6101 will fit Galants of the same years too. I need input on those that have a Momo hub adapter on their GVR4's and what part number they have.

As you can see on the bottom pic where the opening of the hub adapter tapers too narrow and where the end of the column shaft bottoms out and can no longer go further and left a ring mark.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

Sure it wasn't for an 89-92 Mirage instead? The ones with the tilt/telescoping wheels had a slightly different column and used a different hub. You'd think the galant hub would be a 89-93 listing.

minneSNOWta

I have a MOMO Monte Carlo with #6101 hub adapter. Fitment was perfect.

4Grim

Looks like I will give the 6101 hub a shot since you confirmed it works for your GVR4. Thanks for your input I will post my results here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

Staff member
I have a few e39a specific hubs fs, nib if you're interested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts