The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear camber

1307nv

Has anyone had any experience with fixing rear camber? Which correction kit to go with? Whiteline (Bushings) or Ingalls (adjustable arms). Which one is easier to install? Which one adjust easier? And which one stays in adjustment.

strokin4dr

For what reason is this in the tech section?

1307nv

well I thought it was a technical question, if not I apologize....just looking for some answers and frrdback.

1307nv

well I thought it was a technical question, if not I apologize....just looking for some answers and feedback.

vr4play

I used the Ingalls camber arms in the back of the car. They work great. The new ones that they sell are much beefier than the original version. Very easy to adjust as long as you anti-seize everything when you put it together. They are easy to install as well.

1307nv

Thx for the feedback, the Ingalls looked pretty straight forward for install. I need an alignment and those look easier to install than the Whiteline. I think I might go that route.

1307nv

Thx Shane, I was gonna pick up a set of Ingalls at Summit today but I'll look into these as well and make a decision.

KiNgMaRtY

I just installed the the 3SX arms in my GVR4 last night. They are very nice pieces. I purchased the boots and hardware kit.
Do not purchase the hardware kit as I realized that it is best to use the stock adjustment bolts to gain further adjustability.

The arms replaced my Whiteline Rear camber bushings that could not correct the excessive rear camber. The best I could get was -2.5 to -2.7 with them.

belize1334

Quoting strokin4dr:
For what reason is this in the tech section?

Seems like a tech question to me...

Don't be too quick to think you need a kit. The built-in camber adjustment will easily accommodate anything from 0* to -2* for ride heights from stock to, say, 2" lowered. My car sits at about 1.5" lowered with -1* of rear camber and no kit -- just factory adjustment. If I were you I'd go by an alignment shop and ask them to set the rear camber to your desired amount BEFORE installing a kit. If they can, then return the kit you just bought. If they can't, then go ahead and install it.

1307nv

Thx, I already installed and had the car aligned. I also need new bolts for the front as well. The car must have been way off, now it drives soo much better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned