The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AEM / Innovate peeps

G

Staff member
I recently switched from a old uego to a innovate mtx-l >> click I'm trying to update the o2 #1 cal table to the innovate specs of 0v/ 7.35 - 5v/ 22.39 but either the range of my v1.5 won't go that high or i'm doing something wrong. Hopefully someone has done this already? Also my cal table only goes to 4.99v? When I try and change 4.99 to 22.39 it will only change to 9.68.

transparentdsm

is the switch set to running gasoline? like on the uego there is the switch in the back, does this have the same? only thing i can think of.

G

Staff member
No, the innovate doesn't.

EfiniX

(Caveat: Not sure of the software you are using, so I might be interpreting your issue incorrectly)

This bit

"Hopefully someone has done this already? Also my cal table only goes to 4.99v? When I try and change 4.99 to 22.39 it will only change to 9.68."

is a touch confusing. As you say, the voltage range of the MTXL is 0-5v, and the AFR range is 7.35:1 to 22.30:1. The voltage (between 0-5v) received by the computer translates directly to the AFR value it sees. It sounds like you are trying to change your voltage from 4.99 to 22.39? Of course one is a voltage, and the other is the max air volume value.

On my setup (ECMLink w/ MTXL), I'm using a LinearWideBand configuration. I did this because the value I was seeing on the gauge (correct) was about 0.5:1 lower than the value I was seeing in the link software. A minor adjustment to the minimum voltage value brought the DAC output inline with the gauge output.

Here you can see what the raw voltage and AFR looks like at WOT...

...and at full vac with my foot off the gas

The point is that your voltage should never be configured over 5v. 4.99v is fine, and if you see drift between your gauge and your computer, adjusting the minimum and/or maximum values is how you can get things synced up.

What's the software you are using? I'm applying my own logic from using link, but I don't know how it translates to your tool. And forgive me for over-explaining. You clearly know how the sensors work, but I like to put in extra info in case someone else who's new to all of this happens across this post.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I'm using aempro. No, i'm trying to change the afr from 8.82 to 22.39. I was able to change 4.42 to 7.35.

EfiniX

That still sounds suspect, though. I mean at what point are the starting value AFR's at 4.42 or 8.82? Both of those values are more rich than any gas engine should ever run. It just seems way more likely to me that those would be voltages or some sort of raw values (requiring conversion).

*checks web*

well there's a setting for gasoline engines in the software itself. I'm guessing there's just a missing piece somewhere in this process:

click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
That may be it, i'll check it when I get home.

G

Staff member
I think I got it. Though it still doesn't go up to 5 volts and the richest afr I can go is 7.38. Leanest afr I can go is 21.90. Innovate says to plug in 7.35 - 22.39.

image001.png

Last edited:

EfiniX

honestly, that should be fine. You can tweak your voltages once your base tune is in place. Do you have a gauge? That will report the real AFR and your adjustments in software basically will serve to tweak the voltage values coming into the computer off the WB DAC.

G

Staff member
Yeah I have a gauge. I think that range is beyond the capabilities of the v1 aem. I could just adjust the range on the WB to match the capabilities of the aem I think.

EfiniX

That should be just fine. Remember, the gauge is the actual AFR, and what the computer sees is the signal after it's going through the DAC in the gauge. so tweaking the voltages in your software affects the way the signal from the DAC is interpreted and allows you to calibrate your what the computer sees against what the DAC sends.

swe_gvr4_1991

That cal table is totally messed up.
You should have a linear scale from lowest AFR to highest. Look at your 2 left most cells. They have a huge jump. Your resolution is going to be awful at best.

G

Staff member
Correct, that scale is from the old uego. I only changed the richest & leanest points. Trying to figure out how to get everything in the middle to fall in to place by just changing those 2 fields. I'm assuming I have to highlight the section in between & hit calculate?

Last edited:

Mdlimy

Set your highest and lowest point in the table like you have been doing, then open the graph and make the line straight from point to point.
That will give you a perfect linear reading, which is what you are after.

The issue with the Aem ems not letting you choose an afr low enough or high enough is not a big deal, it gets damn close and you can adjust the gain to compensate.

The quick way to adjust the gain is to get the car idling at a stable afr and watch you afr guage and the laptop reading at the same time and adjust the gain till they are close. The better way to do it would be to do two logs at the same time, one log using the aem logger and the other using the LM logger, and look at the afr readings at the same points.

Robbie

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts