The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I think I found the problem.

Iggy

So after replacing my rubber brake lines because one had blown, I wasn't getting any fluid to the rear wheels. The i decided to check the block on the fire wall that the lines run through, which I believe is the propositioning valve(tho I have no idea how it works.) I have fluid going into it and NONE coming out of it. I even took it off an tried to blow compressed air trough it an got nothing.
So my question is, why can I not find one for a car with ABS. Even JNZ only sell them for non ABS cars. So what's the deal? can I use a non ABS one?
heres some pics of the part.

If you bypass the ABS pump yes you can. Non ABS lines from a galant or 1g eclipse will bolt up, or you can carefully rebend the present lines to fit.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'm not sure compressed air is valid test to prove it's no good.

idreamidrive

Not the best way to do it, but sometimes quick stabs of the brake pedal will clear up a stuck valve.

Make sure all brake lines are connected correctly.
Bleed fronts.
Try to bleed rears. If that is a no go and you have what feels like a brake pedal do some kick ninja quick to the brake pedal to try to unstick it.
Bleed rears.
Bleed fronts again.

EMX5636

I just had to replace one of those in a 1G because of a stuck valve. I don't remember if they are available anymore, but the part number for a new one is MB699656 (That's the Galant specific number). JNZ Tuning lists them for $73. You would have to call or email to check availability.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts