The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What size turbo is this?

losermakesgood

A while back I bought what I assumed and was told is a mhi td05 20g. But now that I am finally able to work on the car it appears much larger than my stock 14b. I tried mocking it up and it won't line up with my 2g exhaust manifold and clear the coolant pipe behind it. I'm wondering if it's a tdo6. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

losermakesgood

According to my quick search it is a td06. I only paid a really good price for a td05 but I'll gladly take it. But I guess my question then is, won't this turbo still be a direct swap bolt on? Hmmm...

Last edited:

losermakesgood

Ugh. I'm such a newb lol. It is a td06, which makes me happy for the price I got it at. Thinking they sent me wrong one. But anyway, it fits fine. My dumbass forgot to move the coolant line. Thanks anyway.

donniekak

Only way to tell if it's a td06 is to measure the turbine. Td05, td05h, td06, and td06h are turbine sizes, and have nothing to do with compressor covers.

tektic

Yeah, your showing us the wrong end of this thing. Looks like a 20g on this side.

losermakesgood

Sorry. Was just showing the size difference. I can snap a picture of the other side tomorrow if you want. I got it ask figured out. Now I just need some free time to get it bolted up and see what lines need to be modified/changed. Also need to get my vrsf front mount mocked up and installed. Someday I'll have the time lol. Have had this stuff sitting in the garage for months.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned