The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cyclone control

tektic

Can I use a evap purge silenoid instead of a fuel pressure solenoid?

I will be using the keydiver code.

swe_gvr4_1991

Yeah you can use it. But it's not a direct swap of the outputs. This is because the Purge solenoid has different code and has some PWM control to it that needs to be disabled before it can be used.

tektic

I made my harness with a [|-]plug like the evap solenoid and not the [||] plug for the fuel pressure solenoid. I guess I'll just re-pin it.

How do i get the solenoid off the bracket? It's on there real good.

swe_gvr4_1991

Ahhh my bad, i thought you asked about using the Purge pin on the ECU.
If it's a hardware exchange i think you can simply swap the solenoids. My purge measures 38.7 Ohms. Measure and post what your FPS is.

The solenoids have a small V-shaped tab on it. It's really small so use a flashlight to locate it.

Edit: IIRC Jeff O. made the cyclone just ON/OFF controlled triggered by RPM. That's why i wrote the you can exchange the solenoids. If it was PWM controlled a solenoid with the shorter air path would be better i think.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting tektic:
How do i get the solenoid off the bracket? It's on there real good.

Lift the little back flap that keeps it from falling out naturally, and convince it to move ... without breaking that tab you are holding off the base ever so slightly.
They are seemingly a very tight fit. Close second are the 3 pin connector for the coil pack assembly, on their little tab; it gets rusty and the game gets really fun as a result.

Last edited:

moneypit

Make sure the electronic value has the correct configuration. I got the IM on a couple years ago. Always seemed to function "not quite right. I tried countless number of things, not to mention caused the odd drivability issue. Turns out the valve I was using had the wrong configuration. I don't know if it was a failed/ correct valve or functioning/ incorrect valve. I finally got it all sorted out.

tektic

Which valve are you talking about? The Fuel pressure solenoid?

I re-pinned the connectors on my harness to accept the The Fuel pressure solenoid yesterday. everything is connect using 3mm wall silicone tubing and clamps as per the keydiver pic floating around. What a pain in the ass trying to get to that vacuum canister after the engine is in place.

Almost there gents... Need to do the oil cooler lines today then the alternator and radiator. Almost starting time.

tektic

Ha Ha.... No wonder I can't get this thing to work! I repined it!? I guess it's time to get out the volt meter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts