The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A Look at the Manley Stroker Pistons 608005C-4

BogusSVO

A look at the Manley stroker pistions,
Part # 608005c-4

I had a customer drop off a set for a build. Manley always seems to have a pretty piece in the box.

[/url
The box claims that that the pistons weigh in at 296-297g
[url=https://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=150865 t=_blank]

Out of the box they were appox. a gram heavy 297-298g .8g to be exact

The wrist pins were close .2g from high to low

Now placing the wrist pins in the piston, I was able to get .7g from high to low.

Not much needed for balancing on this set.
The light piston and wrist pin weighed in at 395.1g

Some slight polishing brought all 4 pistons to 395.1g

The piston diameter was close too I found a mere .0002 variance.

The spec sheet.

Back in the box till they are ready to be assembled on the rods.

Last edited:

snailspool

Looks gorgeous, I have a similar setup, and my machinist (old school v-8 guy) was very impressed with them.

biglady112

I am not impressed. They are far to light and thin to be able to do anything serious with. When will people understand lightweight and forced induction do not go hand in hand.

theevozero

Forged...The point is to match the weight of each piston and rod with each other......

I bought some Wiseco pistons some years back with the same results. Apparantly they had under gone some changes in quality control and raise the price a bit. Every piston weighed the exact same and was the same diameter. I gave my block to my old machinist with the pistons in a box(so he could bore the cylinders specifically for each piston) and he bored it and gave me the box back with un-marked pistons, saying there was no need to number the pistons, they were all exactly the same. That was in 2008. I still have the motor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned